Just as there are many construction companies in the area around Billings, MT, there are also a lot of different styles of windows you can choose for your home. Picking the right style is important for the curb appeal and function of your house, but what should you consider as you make this choice?
- Function: You need to ask yourself how you want the window to function. If you simply want to let in more natural light, a fixed picture window may be the right choice. On the other hand, if you want to improve ventilation, you need a window style that can open.
- Space: How much space do you have for your window to open? Both a casement and awning window need to have enough space on the outside in order to open properly. If you are limited on space outside the opening, a slider or double hung window may be better options.
- Features: Do you want your window to have special features? A garden window has a special shelf designed for indoor flowers or herbs. Certain window types may also offer interior blinds or other special features.
- Energy Efficiency: Many homeowners are looking for a product that is environmentally friendly. Your local window experts suggest avoiding circular, sunburst or other fixed windows if this is something that is important to you.
- Looks: Finally, you need to consider what kind of look you want your window to have. Some windows have deep casings while others have thin frames. Picking replacement windows with a look you like is important.
There are rarely easy decisions when it comes to home improvement projects. Oftentimes the looks of a product get trumped by cost, function or durability. If you want to pick a window style that is truly right for you, you need to keep the aforementioned factors in mind as you shop. Talk with a trusted contractor to learn more about the pros and cons of the different styles available.