Basic Tips for Windows Replacement at Home
Window replacement is a big project that requires careful planning and an experienced contractor. Done correctly, it can improve the beauty, comfort and energy efficiency of your home significantly. In today’s post, your trusted window and roofing contractors at Sprague Construction Roofing provide share some tips about window replacement to help you make more informed decisions.
Tips for New Windows
Should you repair your window or do you need to replace it? This question can be hard to answer for homeowners. Here are a few signs that indicate you’re probably better off replacing your window:
- You are having difficulty in lifting, swinging or sliding the window
- The window has rotted or damaged parts
- The glass collects too much condensation between panes
- Your window can’t withstand storms or extreme weather conditions
If you observe most of the above-mentioned issues on your windows, then it’s time to invest in window replacement. Here are some tips to help you through the process:
- Choose energy-efficient windows- Energy-efficient windows should be your top choice . When paired with an energy-efficient residential roofing system, these high-quality windows will lead to significant energy savings, while also making your home more comfortable. We recommend choosing vinyl or composite windows.
- Learn about rating terms- Take the time to learn the basics about NFRC, SHG, U-Value, and ENERGY STAR ratings. These ratings give you a good idea about the quality of the windows.
- Consult a trusted contractor- A reliable window replacement contractor can offer valuable guidance throughout the process, helping you choose high-quality, energy-efficient windows that are a good fit for your home and local climate, and ensuring a proper installation.
Sprague Construction Roofing LLC is a top residential and commercial roofing provider and an expert in energy-efficient windows, as well. Call us today at (970) 239-3313 in Fort Collins. We help homeowners with their roofing and window needs in Cody, WY, Collins, CO, and nearby areas.